It's about time to bust out the snowmobiles, and what a better way to welcome the snow and cold with an impressive addition to your sled – a Yamaha Nytro exhaust. AJ from Dirt Trax shows us how to install one properly in this video, but we've broken it down for you in a step by step format, too.
Watch Video Courtesy of SnowTrax Television - http://youtu.be/gKWnPv5qAt0
- First, determine if you can use a performance exhaust. It is illegal in some areas.
- Remove side panels with a 10 mil bolt.
- Next, move to the back side panel and remove button snaps.
- Take off the seat using a 12 mil wrench – there are 2 bolts. Slide and lift away the seat.
- Remove rear fascia piece using an allen wrench.
- Take off heat shield. Remove the 8 perimeter bolts. Take rubber grommets off top of heat shield and remove those bolts. Once done, exhaust pipe should slide out, followed by the heat shield.
- Before installing exhaust, there's a few things to do to the Barker's Exhaust first.
- Place main clamp piece over pipe.
- Take exhaust clamp and slide over silencer.
- Put silencer on main exhaust pipe and tighten down clamp.
- Once installed and clamp is torqued down, start up the sled. Check for air leaks. Make sure you're in a well-ventilated area as the fumes are noxious.
- Put rear fascia piece back on the sled. Barker's Exhaust have a special tab to hold fascia at correct distance so it won't melt.
- Adjust nuts and bolts to pipe fits properly.
- Place heat shield back on.
- Place rear upper fascia piece on and mount with the 2 phillips screws.
- Place 2 side fascia pieces on and align the tabs properly.