IF YOU HAVE A DUAL SYSTEM AND NEED TO REPACK BOTH CANS, YOU NEED TO PURCHASE A QUANTITY OF 2 PILLOWS - PILLOWS ARE SOLD INDIVIDUALLY. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL 989-269-6921.
Please note that some systems require a different pillow. Please choose your model from the drop-down menu. If your specific model is not listed, please choose "standard replacement pillow." The repack kit includes the 3/16" stainless steel rivets and Barker's Performance stickers. Again, if you have a dual system, you need to select two pillows.
The standard muffler repack kit can be used with all Barker's exhausts except the following (you MUST CHOOSE FROM THE DROP DOWN MENU if you have one of the systems below):
- Yamaha Grizzly 700 Dual Inframe Exhaust - 7AYE-GRIZ700-DLINFR
- Yamaha Raptor 250 Inframe Exhaust - 7AYE-250R-INFR-11
- Yamaha Raptor 350 Inframe Exhaust - 7AYE-350R-INFR-13
- Polaris RZR 800 Dual Exhaust - 7APE-800RZR-08
- 2015+ RZR 900 S, XC, or Trail Models Dual Exhaust - 7APE-900RZRS-15
- Polaris RZR 900 XP use our STANDARD PILLOW
- Polaris RZR XP 1000 Dual Exhaust - 7APE-1000XPRZR-14
We recommend that you monitor and check the packing in your muffler after every ride. The length and time your packing will last will vary depending on how and where you ride. When you first notice any sign of the packing depleting within the can, it's time for a repack. Packing will wear out slowly over time, starting at 100% packed. It is normal for an absorption style high-performance muffler to lose packing but once you lose more than about 10-15% of your packing it will deplete faster and faster since it can now move around in the can. It is imperative you do not allow the packing to deplete too far. If your muffler becomes very loud or you hear rattling around inside the can you have completely depleted the internal packing and should not ride the machine until the muffler is repacked with a fresh pillow. Order new packing before you need it!
If your machine features dual exhausts, you will need to replace both pillows.
The engine in your bike or ORV produces an exhaust temperature that exceeds the temperature limits of traditional packing materials. Fibers exposed to these high temperatures eventually break down, become brittle, creating small particles that can blow out of the muffler. Barker's utilizes a Spec 19 fiber which maintains it's strength at temperatures up to 1400F. However, over time these components wear out and should be replaced to keep your muffler completely packed and flowing as it was designed.
The benefits to using our Spec 19 pillows include the following:
- Throttle response remains crisp
- Power output is maximized
- Fuel efficiency is maximized
- Noise reduction and exhaust tone are maintained
- Vibration absorption and baffle support
- Quality Spec 19 lasts longer than the competition